Download a PDF copy of this Press Release: Holiday Artisan Market 2017
San Francisco Nov 1, 2017 — The Asian Art Museum is launching our first-ever holiday market on Wednesday, Nov 29 in a day-to-night (open til 8PM) festival for our members, our creative community, and for those who just love to keep it local.
It’s a one-stop-opp to find that perfect gift for everyone — from your favorite little one to your quirkiest chum to those you cherish most during the season of giving.
Our already-fabulous, TripAdvisor-adored store will overflow into the museum with dozens of pop-up boutiques selling:
• Jewelry – from the traditional sparkle to unforgettable statement
• Ceramics – glossy housewares and show-stopping centerpieces
• Fashion & accessories – eye-catching flair and timeless chic
• Gifts for little ones – surprise those who still need a bed time story
• Books – hand-sewn notebooks to gorgeous prints
• Specialty Food Products – brighten up your pantry and your palate
• Ornaments – effortlessly make the season shine
• Cards – express your hopes and dreams in style
Activities throughout the day include cookbook signings with San Francisco favs Burma Superstar, and chances to meet other local authors.
Unique items from (or inspired by) the rich culture and distinctive spirit of Korea — all in celebration of our original fashion exhibition COUTURE KOREA (on view Nov 3, 2017 – Feb 4, 2018) — will also be available in the museum store (on an ongoing basis) and from select artisan pop-up stalls during the market.
Featured artisans include:
• Haej.Co – hand-crafted jewelry akin to accessible, wearable “mini-sculptures”
• Li Choi – designer of KIYO, a California fashion label that keeps its Korean roots
• Sue R. Kang – ancient pottery traditions with modern firings perfect for everyday use.
9-10 AM (Members only preview hour—come get first pick, and a warming cup of tea)
10AM – 8PM (Open to public) – open late, with food, festivities, and fun!
NOT A MEMBER? Our special promocode SHARE awards $5 off gift memberships.
So grab a friend and tick everyone off your list!
The Asian Art Museum–Chong-Moon Lee Center for Asian Art and Culture is one of San Francisco’s premier arts institutions and home to a world-renowned collection of more than 18,000 Asian art treasures from throughout Asia spanning 6,000 years of history. Through rich art experiences, centered on historic and contemporary artworks, the Asian Art Museum unlocks the past for visitors, bringing it to life while serving as a catalyst for new art, new creativity and new thinking.
Information: www.aamstage.org or 415.581.3500 (mainline) 415.581.3600 (store)
Location: 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
Don’t miss a moment: @AsianArtMuseum